Obituary of John B. Comstock II
John Belden Comstock II, 86, passed away at Middlesex Health Center Monday, January 17, 2011 after a long battle with Parkinson’s disease.
Born June 20, 1924 in Meriden, CT, son of the late Gregory Jamison Comstock and Elizabeth (Singellton) Comstock. John was a sales engineer, the owner of John B. Comstock Real Estate, a general contractor in Essex; Ct and was a friend of Bill’s for 45 years. He was an avid builder of ship models including the Yankee Boy on display at the Florence Griswold Museum in Old Lyme. He wrote books; ‘Evolution; the Comstock Genealogy’ and ‘Industria; a project to bring industry back to Connecticut’.
Survivors are son, James B Comstock of Southport, Ct, daughter, Elizabeth Comstock Hartman (Timothy), of Columbia, SC, niece, Anne (Jamie) Harwood Tuttle, nephew, Greg Harwood (Laura) both of Middletown, CT nephew, Rick Harwood (Karen) of Maryland, 10 grandchildren, and 4 great grand children and 11 great nieces and nephews, 2 great grand nieces and nephews. John is predeceased by his parents, sister, Nancy Comstock Harwood, wife, Joan Morrison Comstock, son, John Beldon Comstock III, daughter, Catherine Comstock Wilska.
There will be a memorial service at a later date at St Johns Episcopal Church, Essex CT with the burial at the family plot in Riverview Cemetery, Essex, CT. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to St. Johns Episcopal Church, Main Street, Essex, the American Heart
Association or the National Parkinson Foundation. Arrangemets by Robinson, Wright & Weymer Funeral Home in Centerbrook.